The Dukan diet is really not that difficult to stick to, once you understand what it’s all about.
And it’s much easier to stick to the Dukan diet than to any other diet, what with you just having to stick to the list of foods given, and not having to calculate how much of each food you can eat. I go into more detail about the Dukan diet in another post if you are interested in learning more about the different phases.
For the following recipes, we’ve basically taken just as much of each ingredient as would be needed for any average person for a meal and tried to give you as tasty a dish as you can get out of it.
Hope you like them
1. Beef Kebabs
- You will need 4 skewers.
- 400g (14oz) beef fillet, cut into large chunks.
- 50ml (2fl oz) low-sodium soy sauce.
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard.
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar.
- A little thyme.
- 1 bay leaf.
- Dash of vegetable oil.
- 50ml (2fl oz) fresh lemon juice.
- Mix all the ingredients together and marinate the beef for 2 to 4 hours in the refrigerator.
- Before grilling, discard the marinade.
- Place the chunks of beef on the skewers (if using wooden skewers, make sure you soak them in water first to prevent burning). Grill until cooked to your liking.
- During the cruise phase of the Dukan Diet you may add tomatoes, mushrooms, peppers and onions.
2. Oat and Wheat Bran Galette
- 2 tablespoons oat bran
- 1 tablespoon wheat bran
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons fat-free fromage blanc
- Mix the ingredients together in a bowl.
- If the mixture is too stiff, add a couple of teaspoons of skim milk.
- Add a couple of drops of light oil to a frying pan. Wipe off the oil with a sheet of paper kitchen towel.
- Spread the mixture in the pan.
- Cook on a medium heat until the underside is golden and the upper side starts to dry.
- Flip the pancake and cook the other side
- Savory – Add pepper, herbs and garlic if you like.
- Sweet – Add sweetener or diet food flavorings (nuts, chocolate, etc).
3. Spicy chicken Kebabs
- 50ml (2floz) soy sauce
- 1.5 garlic cloves (less if you prefer), diced and cut finnely
- 1-2 tables of sweatner (liquid or powder if dissloved in a touch of water)
- 3 Table spoons of 5 spice powder
- Pinch of chopped ginger
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1/4 of chick stock cube
- 8 Chicken Wings with skins removed
- Place all ingredients into a bowl and leave the chicken wings and contents to marinate for around 3-4 hours, however over night would be ideally.
- Try and turn them a few times during the process.
- Once ready place into a oven proof tin and cook under the grill for around 12 minutes, or until you can hear the sizzle from the chicken.
- Turn them over and cook for a further 8 minutes or until nice and brown.
4. Smoked Salmon and Scrambled Eggs
- 10 Eggs
- Salt and pepper pepper
- 150g smoked salmon, cut into thin pieces
- 100ML skimmed milk
- 2 tablespoons of virtually fat-free fromage frais
- 5 chives chopped
- Beat the eggs together in a bowl and season sparingly with the salt and black pepper. Also a touch of garlic powder is excellent.
- Warm the saucepan with a little skimmed milk.
- Pour in the beaten eggs and cook over a gentle heat, taking care to constantly stir so the eggs do not stick.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the salmon and fromage frais.
- Serve immediately, decorated with a few chives, and parsley if you desire.
5. HCG ground beef tacos/lettuce wraps
- 100 grams lean Ground beef
- Lettuce leaves
- 1 tablespoon finely minced onion
- 1 clove crushed and minced garlic
- Dash of garlic powder
- Dash of onion powder
- Dash of dried oregano
- Fresh chopped cilantro to taste
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Brown ground beef.
- Add onion, garlic, and spices and a little water and simmer gently for 5-10 minutes.
- Add salt to taste.
- Serve taco style in butter lettuce or romaine leaf mock tortillas or with a side of tomatoes or salsa.
6. Baked mashed cauliflower
- 1 medium to large cauliflower
- Zero fat yogurt as needed
- Salt & pepper
- Other ingredients that are optional include
- Sweated onions or leeks
- Chopped chives
- Chopped flat leaf parsley
- Curry Spices
- Tolerated addition 30 grams of low fat (less than 7% fat) cheese
- Break the cauliflower in to florets and steam until tender.
- Put the cauliflower and the salt and pepper in blender and blitz until smooth, adding a little yogurt as needed to give the consistency preferred.
- Pour the mixture into an oven proof dish and sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake in a hot oven until the top has browned slightly.
7. Chicken and Prawn Tom Yum Soup
- 1 liter of water
- 4 tbsp tom yum paste - available in oriental supermarkets
- 3 spring onions - diagonally sliced
- 1 boneless chicken breast – sliced
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 lime – juice only
- 1 large handful of coriander
- Bring the water to the boil in a large pan.
- Add the Tom Yum past, the fish sauce and mix together to combine.
- Turn down to a simmer and add the chicken breast slices.
- Once they are virtually cooked add the prawns and the spring onions.
- Serve immediately with a squeeze of lime and a sprinkling of coriander.
You can have this dish as it is at all stages of the diet. But if you are at the stabilization or consolidation phase then you can also add things like cherry tomatoes, mushrooms or courgette slices.
8. Soy Seared Scallops With Wasabi Sour Cream
- 5 fresh scallops
- 1.5 tsp low salt soy sauce
- 2 tbsp 0% fromage blanc*
- 1 pea sized portion wasabi paste
- To serve:
- Sea salt
- Fresh black pepper
- 1/4 lemon
- 1 tsp fresh coriander leaves
- Finely diced red pepper/capsicum
- ½ tsp fish eggs/salmon roe to garnish
- Pour soy sauce over fresh scallops and leave to marinate refrigerated for 30 mins.
- In a small ramekin, mix fromage blanc, wasabi and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Finely dice the red capsicum to prepare the garnish.
- On a heated non stick frying pan or bbq plate, place scallops and soy sauce and sear until browned on each side.
- Spread wasabi cream on platter and arrange scallops in a row with coriander between pieces.
- Top with fish eggs, sea salt and black pepper and garnish plate with lemon wedges and red pepper to serve.
9. Mimosa Egg Verrines
- 3 large free range eggs
- ½ tsp curry powder
- 1 heaped teaspoon medium Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp fromage blanc/frais
- ½ tsp wholegrain seeded mustard
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 3 tsp finely diced chives
- Sea salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- Bring a saucepan of salted water to the boil.
- Hard boil whole eggs (in shell) for ten minutes and then remove from boiling water.
- Place eggs into a bowl of iced water and leave for 10 minutes.
- Drain water then gently peel away and discard the egg shells.
- Delicately slice open the 3 eggs and separate the yolks, placing the yolks in a small separate bowl.
- Finely chop the egg whites into small, even squares using an egg slicer if you have one. Separate the chopped egg whites into two small bowls.
- In one bowl, add to the egg whites the chopped chives.
- To the other whites mix in the seeded mustard, fromage blanc, lemon juice, sea salt to taste. Gently crush the egg yolks with a fork and mix in the curry powder and Dijon mustard.
- Arrange evenly in a verrine starting with the chive mix, then the egg yolk, then the egg white with mustard. Top with cracked pepper and chives to serve.
10. Herb Omelet
- 4 eggs, keep 1 yolk and use the 3 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons of skim milk
- Mixed Italian herbs, salt and pepper
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and whisk with a egg beater until all one colour
- Pour into a lightly oiled hot pan
- Reduce heat, flip once omelet is firm
11. Meat balls
- Lean beef mince
- 1/2 to 1 onion diced
- 1 teaspoon of Garlic
- Mixed herbs
- 1 can of crushed tomatoes (if on vegetable day)
- Put a small amount of water in a frying pan
- Add diced onion and cook until soft
- Place cooked onion, mince, garlic and herbs in a bowl and mix with a fork
- Take a small amount of the mixture and roll it into a small ball, place on a chopping board
- Repeat until all the mixture is used up
- Place meatballs in the frying pan, keep turning until they are all brown (use a lid to speed up the cooking process)
- After about 8 mins, remove one and check the inside is cooked
- Serve with a yogurt sauce if you are on a pure protein day
- If you are on a veg + protein day add the can tomatoes and a teaspoon of sweetener and simmer for 3 mins, feel free to add other vegetables like mushrooms, carrots and capsicum to the dish.
12. Whole Wheat Oat Bran Bread
- 6 Tblsp Oat Bran
- 3 Tblsp Wheat Bran
- 3 Tblsp Fat Free Milk Powder
- 1 Tblsp Cornflour
- 2 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 Tblsp allowed Cocoa Powder
- 3 Tblsp Goji Berries
- 3-4 Tblsp Cracked Wheat Kernels (for the necessary whole wheat)
- Sweetener to taste
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 Eggs
- 6 Tblsp Fat Free Plain Yoghurt
- Mix eggs, yoghurt and vanilla together
- Mix dry ingredients together
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well
- Pour the mixture into a loaf shaped container (I spray mine)
- Bake in the Microwave, I do it on High for 6 minutes.
- It can easily be made smaller or bigger, just alter the Microwave cooking time according to the amounts of the ingredients used.
13. Brussels Sprouts Carbonara
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 lb turkey bacon, chopped
- 12 oz bag brussels sprouts
- 1 15 oz can artichoke hearts, optional (consolidation and stabilization)
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 T Parmesan cheese, shredded (optional)
- red pepper flakes
- Brown onion and turkey bacon in a bit of cooking spray for about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, steam your brussels sprouts in the microwave or stovetop until soft.
- Cut them in half and set aside.
- Drain and chop artichoke hearts.
- Add vegetables to onion and turkey mixture and heat.
- Quickly stir in the egg yolks until the dish thickens a bit.
- Stir in the cheese and season with salt and red pepper flakes.
14. Cilantro Lime lobster tails
- 2 lobster tails
- juice of one lime
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 T sherry or white wine
- Split the shell of the lobster down the middle and loosen the meat from the shell, keeping the tail connected (you can also just split the tail completely through the middle and grill the two pieces).
- Mix the next 3 ingredients in a shallow baking pan and pour over lobster.
- Marinate for 30 minutes.
- Grill each side about 4-5 minutes or until opaque. Do not overcook.
15. Dukan California rolls
- 3 large egg-whites, whisked
- 1/4 cup cucumber, julienned
- 1/2 cup imitation crab meat, finely chopped
- 1.5 tbs low-fat mayo
- 1.5 medium sheets of roasted seaweed
- 3 tbs low-sodium soy sauce
- In a small pan, heat cooking spray on medium heat.
- Pour in egg-whites and allow it to take the round shape of the pan.
- Cook until both sides are browned. Remove and cut egg whites into squares (1/2 inch by 1.5 inch).
- Combine mayo with imitation crab meat and mix.
- Cut seaweed sheets into 1.5-2 inch wide strips.
- Place 1-2 tbs of crab meat in one section of each seaweed strip, then cucumber, & 2-3 squares of egg-whites. (see picture)
- Carefully roll the seaweed and use a toothpick to hold the roll together.
- Serve rolls with low-sodium soy sauce.
16. Chocolate Banana bread
- 1/4 cup oat bran
- 1/2 cup wheat bran
- 1/2 cup egg substitute or two eggs
- 2 ripe bananas, smashed
- 5 T nonfat yogurt
- 1 t baking powder
- 1 T unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup zero calorie brown sugar
- 1 T sugarfree chocolate pudding powder
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (optional OBVIOUSLY)
- 1 t vanilla
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add the yogurt and eggs and whisk until smooth.
- Add vanilla and fold in the banana.
- Stir in optional chocolate chips.
- Divide the mixture equally between minis or regular muffins sprayed with a bit of cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 12-15 minutes. 4 mini loaves will take 20-25.
17. Chocolate molten lava cake
- 3 tbs unflavored protein powder
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 egg
- 2 tbs splenda brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbs oat bran
- 1 tbs skim milk
- 1 tsp baking powder
- dash of salt
- 1-2 tbs sugar-free chocolate sauce
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F.
- Whisk all ingredients together and pour into a souffle cup.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes. (the outside rim should be cooked while the center remains very moist & melty)
- Pour sugar-free chocolate sauce over cake and serve while hot.
- 4 tbsp oat bran
- 1 tbsp wheat bran
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp low fat yoghurt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp sweetner
- Mix all ingredients together and pour into waffle maker.
19. Baked vanilla custard
- 5 Eggs
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract / 2 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 cups Skim Milk
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/4 cup Splenda
- Pre-heat oven to 150 degrees.
- Prepare a bain marie with 6 small ramekins in a baking dish.
- Crack the 5 Eggs into a large bowl.
- Beat the eggs and add the Vanilla Extract, Nutmeg and Splenda.
- Heat the milk slowly, without letting it boil. Slowly add it to the Egg mixture, stirring constantly.
- Pour custard evenly into ramekins. I actually transferred my mixture to a plastic jug to make it easier to pour. Sprinkle some exra nutmeg over each ramekin.
- Boil the kettle and pour the boiling water 3/4 up the sides of the ramekins.
- Very carefully transfer to the oven. Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Allow to cool for another 2 hours in the bain marie. This makes quite a ‘set’ custard, not runny.
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons of sweetener
- Preheat the oven to 120 degrees Celsius
- Separate the white of 1 egg into a bowl, discard yolk (be careful not to get any yolk in the bowl, this will stop the whites getting fluffy)
- Beat with a mixer until peaks form
- Add in the sugar and continue mixing until combined
- Spoon large scoops onto a baking tray lined with baking paper
- Place in the oven for 45 mins or they dry and harden.
- Let cool completely before removing from tray